Independent Non-executive Director
Marie McDonald joined the Board on 22 March 2017.
Marie is widely recognised as one of Australia’s leading corporate and commercial lawyers having been a Senior Partner at Ashurst until 2014 where she specialised in mergers and acquisitions, corporate governance and commercial law.
Marie was Chair of the Corporations Committee of the Business Law Section of the Law Council of Australia from 2012 to 2013, having previously been the Deputy Chair, and was a member of the Australian Takeovers Panel from 2001 to 2010.
Other directorships (current and recent):
- Director of CSL Limited (since 14 August 2013)
- Director of Nanosonics Limited (since 24 October 2016)
- Director of Walter and Eliza Hall Institute of Medical Research (since October 2016)
Board Committee memberships:
- Member of the Nomination Committee
- Member of the Audit Committee
- Member of the Risk and Compliance Committee
- Member of the Innovation Committee