Nufarm UK is dedicated to take an active approach to supporting effective environmental stewardship and best practice guidelines.
Phenoxy herbicides are key tools in the control of grassland weeds. The level of a pesticide in drinking water should not exceed 0.1 parts per billion. These minute levels can be detected in water samples, so it is important to adopt effective Stewardship and observe the Best Practice Guidelines below.
Best Practice Guidelines
- Use approved products, applied by trained operators with current qualifications
- Spray when weather and soil conditions are suitable
- Don’t spray if heavy rain is forecast
- Don’t spray if there is a risk of drift
- Fill AWAY from drains and water courses
- Respect buffer zones and areas between water courses and treated area
The Spraywise program is a comprehensive guide to best spraying practice for stewardship and return on investment.
Water Stewardship Top Tips
An overview of implications of Phenoxy stewardship and why it matters.